Week 4 Forum

     For my portraits this coming week, I am going to reach out to Taylor Bell. I went to high school with her. She works at an Albany Dutch Bros as a Barista. She has worked there for a few years, and she's known for being an absolute sweetheart.
     I'm going to photograph her at Dutch Bros. Preferably inside the shop, but also maybe walking around with her fanny pack on and the tablet they use. These are good props, but also a Dutch Bros cup or the products they use to make the drinks. To contact her, I am going to message her on Instagram and also text her or snapchat her, depending on if I have her number or not.
     A couple good tips I picked up were try to get something different. Don't go for the obvious shot. For example, I don't just want to get Taylor standing outside Dutch or just her face through the window. I need to get a shot that is unique, something that evokes an emotion and shows Taylor's personality well. Another good think for me to do is to strike up conversation with her before I start taking pictures so that she gets comfortable with me being there, especially since she'll be at her work place. Talk to her, get her comfortable with the camera, and the images will look more natural and flow easier. If this goes the way it should, I should be able to get a picture that really shows Taylor's personality instead of a very staged photograph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benton County Courthouse Vigil

Humans of LBCC Week 1

Forum Week 7