Humans of LBCC Week 1


Hannah Zeller

Freshman Hannah Zeller, undecided in major, but an interest in science, commutes from Philomath. “My commute’s pretty long. My earliest class is Trigonometry. It’s at nine. It’s two hours, two times a week. We do get a break in the middle. I have to get up at, like, 5:30 to get here. It might be worth it; we’ll find out at the end.” Zeller, still getting used to the commute, says the most wild part of campus is parking. “If I see a spot, I’ll take it, I don’t even care where it is. I’m okay with walking as long as I can find somewhere to park. Today I got here just before class, and I was freaking out. Everyone else was late too, so I was the first person in the class.”




Damon Fisher

Damon Fisher, a highschooler who is attending LB for free because of his high school grades, is currently attending classes to look toward a music major. “I wish I could sing. I do write, though. I write for piano, guitar, and a couple of different styles of tribal drums--like the djembe, it’s an African drum.” Does he like it here enough to stay? Well, that’s a little complicated. “I don’t know if I’m going to stay here long enough to get a degree. Right now, I’m mainly coming here because my high school is paying for it. After that, there’s a small chance I’ll continue. I’m not too interested in paying the price of education. I might move back up to Alaska and work for my family’s Pediatric clinic. It’s an office job, a decent job. The problem is music degrees aren’t necessarily as useful as many people would assume. The best thing that comes out of going to college for music, is the connections you make with people.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benton County Courthouse Vigil

Forum Week 7