Forum Week 7

     I am going to photograph Albany, although I live in Lacomb currently. I lived in Albany for 15 years. I was born in Lebanon, but we moved to Albany when I was three. I went to school in Albany, and some of my fondest memories growing up were in this town. I am going to go to the Albany Regal Cinemas to take a portrait. I have always loved going to the theater, and this photo would really be able to demonstrate that. For the landmark, I am going to photograph Monteith Park, specifically the stage. I have always loved getting on that stage when no one is around to just dance and be a goof, not to mention the countless times I went to River Rhythms as a kid. Finally, for the action, I would like to try to get people representing a presidential candidate or Kate Brown outside City Hall or Target, where they usually are. Sometimes there are even people on 34th who are part of a Union. These movements really make me smile because I remember when I was little, I loved how my mom would honk and we'd smile and wave at them.
     For my photo story, I would like to visit with the Anti-War protestors outside Corvallis City Hall. They have old, battered signs, and they have a VW van they always park next to them. I have always been interested in their story and wondered how long they have been doing this; this assignment would be a great opportunity to do so. They are usually there most days a week, so I'd like to go after school on Friday. To fully engage with them and capture their energy, I'll need to spend quite some time with them, maybe even protest with them for a little bit to get in their mindset. I'll need to check the weather and prepare my equipment accordingly to know if I should prepare for fog, rain, or sunshine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benton County Courthouse Vigil

Humans of LBCC Week 1