Self Evaluation

Topic 1

     My favorite photo is the environmental portrait I took of Eddie Hernandez. This photo really shows who Eddie is as a person. His smile is great, the colors all work well together, and it is easy to tell what his job is. This photo just really makes me proud; this picture was also published in the paper the next week!
     The composition, color, and angle of this photo really show what I have learned in this class. For that, I am proud of myself. During week one, I had no idea what I was doing. I had never worked with a camera professionally, and I had touched a real camera once before this class. To know I am capable of doing awesome things with the camera because of this class is really refreshing and makes me proud. My photos in the first two weeks really lacked the interest and composition. There wasn't much about them that really caught the eye, but this photo was a turning point for me. I feel the photos in the week after really shine. I love the photos I took of the town in which I live, Lebanon, the photos from the free shoot, and I love the photos from SAHS cheer practice. I feel they have what I was missing.

Topic 2

"My top three goals for this class would be to get comfortable behind a camera, be able to evoke emotion with my photos, and learn how to use the camera settings to my advantage instead of my demise."

     Looking back, I definitely achieved my goals. I wanted to gain confidence behind a camera, learn how to control the settings in a way that will work with the photo, and evoke emotions with my photos as well. The last goal mentioned definitely took me a while. Personally, I think the free shoot is when I was really able to do this. The women in those photos showed me a side of their personalities, and I did my best to post photos which showed those characteristics alongside their quotes. I am definitely more comfortable behind the camera, and even though I sometimes get stuck, I am way more comfortable with camera settings--considering I didn't know what any of it meant before this class.
     I am way more confident with a camera in my hands: I know what I want to achieve, what I want to get, and I am willing to wait it out.  This also goes along with evoking emotion, mentioned above. The camera settings can be difficult for me still: I get confused with ISO, but I am comfortable with shutter speed and aperture! This is definitely a huge improvement, and I am very proud of myself for the work I have put it, despite facing health challenges.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benton County Courthouse Vigil

Humans of LBCC Week 1

Forum Week 7