Free Shoot Humans of LB


Natasha Shevel

“Right now, I’m between psychology and social services. I initially went into social services because it was a way for me to help people. Then I talked to my academic advisor and that helped me understand that psychology also allows me to go into counseling and therapy, and that’s what I would love to do. I did want to go into law enforcement for the longest time, but for law enforcement, you don’t really need a degree. One of my coworkers explained to me the importance of figuring out what you want to do and what you’d enjoy doing. She helped me work out what I’d like to do. The counselor here as well really helped me work things through and if opened my perspective up about what I truly want to do.”



Cat Bricker

“Right now I’m getting my accounting clerk certifications. I’m contracted at HP, so I decided to go back to school to butter up my resume. My husband works here, so that’s a bonus. He’s an instructional assistant in the welding department. I’ve never thought about teaching. I don’t have the patience. I like numbers. Everything matches, there’s only one right answer, things don’t change. I like that. Structure is really nice for me. In accounting, there’s steps for everything. That’s how it is in life if you’re lucky. For going back to school, it doesn’t matter how old you are. I didn’t go to college when I first got out of high school. This is my fourth time going back to college, and I’m 53. I don’t think it matters what age you are. Take the chance. Don’t let things scare you. Right now I’m overwhelmed. I have things I have to get done that I don’t like to do, but if you can focus on it, get it done, it’s helpful. Don’t be afraid. Be open and honest and discuss. Don’t be afraid to stand up and ask questions. Asking questions is very important—very, very important."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Benton County Courthouse Vigil

Humans of LBCC Week 1

Forum Week 7